Labels

Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks Giving

I am giving thanks:
I do not have to hunt or gather to eat.
I do not have to build a fire to stay warm.
I do not have to build a shelter to stay dry.
I do not have to boil water to safely drink.
I do not fear the strangers I meet on the street and craft weapons and defenses against them.
I am free to believe or not believe in the supernatural.
I am comfortable, surrounded by those I love and those who love me.
I have lived a long and full life.
I have it better than almost everyone in the history of the planet, and the vast majority of the 7 billion others with whom I share this planet.

I am lucky. 

I chose my place in time well, my parents well, my country well, my genes well.

I wish for all such luck, and am humbled and grateful for my own.

And, I wish for all your very own Happy Thanks Givings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving.....my favorite holiday! Each and every day I am thankful for many reasons...and work to recognize those reasons. I love today because others find reasons to be thankful....its nice at least for one day...Thanks Eileen for all of your insights. You are amazing and I am thankful you weren't gone to long.....

    ReplyDelete