Labels

Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

To the Other 1067

I am dancing in secret and silence. I am clapping my hands with mittens on. In robe and slippers I dip and swoop and soft shoe the floor with a wiggle (gently) of my old hips. The only song I hear in my head is “Happy Days are Here Again”, a song from my childhood. A song for Franklin.


There is joy in the East and joy in the West, but my state went 57% Romney. My county went 78% Romney. There is gloom and despair outside my door as though it was just announced that Obama has banned the wearing of blue jeans and boots in public and all pick-up trucks are being recalled. In my little county, 21% of us voted for Obama. That is 1,068 souls who touched the screen by his name.

I just want to say thanks to the other 1,067. (We need a secret handshake to know each other.)

Be careful out there. Some folks are sore losers.

But I am dancing in secret and silence!

1 comment:

  1. The secret handshake part is so true. When I find out someone at work is a Democrat it is like finding out someone else eats their rice with sugar. I instantly bond.

    ReplyDelete