Labels

Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs, RIP

You touched me and never knew it.  From my first Apple IIe to my iPad I have been with you and you with me.  I somehow feel guilty today for having a Dell and a Blackberry, but I think you would understand.  I am older than you, but morphed through the technology as it became available because the first computer I ever touched was yours. 

For all the schools that had rows and rows of Apple IIe's, Macs, iMacs, and now iPads; for all the apps and software, for green screens and mice, I thank you and all your widgets and gadgets for helping teachers teach kids and helping kids learn.  You did good stuff for schools.  Your inventions mothered necessity.

What a gift.  You will be missed.  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. - Steve Jobs Stanford commencement speech 2005

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Jobs was certainly a genius. He made the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete