Labels

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Coffee Club

FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2010


Coffee Club

I don't like tea unless it's iced. So, I'm driving down the road in my 5 year old mini van thinking how wonderful it is that we have such fabulous highways in this state and in this nation. I pass a string of high power lines and I think how wonderful it is that we have electricity, and how wonderful it is that I trust the water that comes out of my faucet. I pass a highway patrolman who has stopped and is searching a rental truck and I think how wonderful it is that we have such great law enforcement. I leave the highway and enter my town and stop at a red light and I think how wonderful it is that we have traffic signs and most of us follow the rules. I pass the local high school and the lights are on on the football field and I think how wonderful it is that we have local schools whose mission it is to educate every child regardless of wealth and ethnicity and degree of mucky-ti-muck. And then I think how grateful I am that we hold elections for our revolutions, that we have armed forces who will protect us, weather satellites that inform and warn, and rockets that can take us to the moon. Yep. I love our government and all the services it provides. I'll join a coffee club, but the tea party will have to get along without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment