Labels

Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Father's Day

SATURDAY, JUNE 18, 2011


Father's Day

OK, maybe I have a little of the bah-humbug coursing through my veins today, but seems to me that men want to engage in behavior that leads to fatherhood, and tend to be surprised and scared when they discover they will become one. Can't have a father's day without a mother. Women are the prerequisites to fatherhood. Perhaps it is nice that children are able to thank their progenitor for hanging around, being supportive, etc. Important modeling especially for male children. But, women tend to do all the organization and work to celebrate this day. Mother's Day, on the other hand, is the day more folks go out to eat than any other day.

Regardless, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. Lucky you. There was a woman somewhere who was willing to bear your children. Thank her.

POSTED BY EILEEN GOOD AT 8:28 AM


3 COMMENTS:



Anonymous said...

Father's are an important role model for male and female. I was blessed with a father that raised me to believe I could do and be anything I wanted, even if I was a girl! He passed away years ago, but it is he who I thank every day for raising me as he did. Thanks Dad!

JUNE 18, 2011 12:39 PM



Anonymous said...

My Dear Eileen, yes it does take a man and a woman to create a child but as a parent of two adopted children it takes so much more than that to be a "father".

JUNE 20, 2011 6:09 AM



Eileen Good said...

OK. I get it. I miss my father terribly, and tend to become morose on this day. Yes, I valued him. Yes, fatherhood is so much more than biology. Thank you for the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment